Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Penguin painting...

Mrs. H. painting her penguin!
Our penguin chart where we are recording all of our facts!
The beginning sketches!











Today we painted beautiful penguins using oil pastel crayons and watercolor paints.  The kids really did an amazing job.  I found the idea for this project at http://www.deepspacesparkle.com/2009/03/penguin-painting-for-first-and-second/.  We talked about what penguins looked like, as well as what their habitat looks like.  As our unit moves on we will learn about penguins that don't live on iceburgs, but that's not for a bit!  Here is my sketch that I used to show the children how to make their penguin using ovals.  As soon as I have them all hung up I will post more pictures. I took a picture of Mrs. H. painting her penguin, I would have some of the kids but for privacy purposes I don't want to post their little faces online.  There is also a picture of the chart we have started where we are storing all the interesting facts we are learning about penguins.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment