Friday, January 14, 2011

SNOW DAY 2011!!








Welcome back from 2 days off!  I hope everyone survived the snow, and more important the SHOVELING!  Thankfully I have the very best landlords ever who did a great job shoveling!  We all even built a snowman.  It was a work from home day for them!  I found the snowman kit at the Christmas Tree Shops.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that store!  You can always find something super fun there!









I found this great idea on FirstGradeParade and decided to try it with the class.  The children had to write tally marks as they interviewed the rest of the class asking what they did over the snowdays.  We decided that most of the children in the class had a snowball fight (with their siblings!) and the least amount made a snowman.  I was so surprised!  

When we get back to school on Tuesday we will start talking about Famous Americans.  I am taking ideas I have gotten on the secondgradeteachersclub.ning site as well as in the blogging world to help the children grasp the ideas.  We will start with Martin Luther King Jr., then go into Rosa Parks, then Abraham Lincoln and George Washington.  By the end of this unit the children will be presenting their own Famous American projects.  MsWinston.com has a terrific unit that I started using last year and added my own little bits and pieces to.  We will also be continuing our penguin study.  I need to post pictures of the super cute penguin pocket folders they made on Monday!

Happy Weekend Everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment