Sunday, January 9, 2011

Welcome 2011!!!






I found this great idea on Ms. Durnings Blog.  I made tracers for the bread and the butter and had the children trace and cut out their own "toasts".  They had to write a wish that they had for 2011 on the butter.  Mrs. H. and I made our own bulletin board on the wall so that we could have these awesome "toasts" hanging on the wall.  I think they came out pretty great!




Here is a picture of the start of our new bulletin board.  While the children were in Music, Mrs. H. and I covered the cabinet doors with blue and white fadless paper to make the doors look like an iceberg.  Next week we will start our penguin unit and this is where our handprint penguins will be living!






We had indoor recess on Friday and when I came back from lunch this is what Mrs. H. had come up with.  Can't leave that woman alone for a minute!!!  ;0)  I think it came out super cute, we decided that we could have the kids make a snowflake to put around the snowpeople.  










This week is going to be super busy as we finish up our snowman book reports and work on our penguin unit.  Check back soon, I hope to add more pictures of our work!

2 comments:

Ms. Durning said...

Your toasts came out cute! This year I had them paste them on paper plates, I'll have to upload a picture. Your classroom looks so cute :)

Ms. Daly said...

Thanks so much!!! I would love to see your pictures. Putting the toast on plates was a great addition!

Post a Comment